Monday, September 9, 2013

Where is the good Barbecue?

Now, I am no stranger to food, but up until three years ago, I was a stranger to California.  The move was over all great but was lacking one particular flavor.  Barbecue.

I am not talking about Korean, Hawaiian or the like.  I am talking about finger licking Kansas City, Texas, or even Carolina BBQ.  The kind that smoke can call a crowd from a mile away.  Anyone who knows real good barbecue knows there is no comparison.

Upon moving to Southern California I could not help but notice the mecca of eateries.  foods from all over the globe converge here.  British pubs, bacon wrapped hot dogs, Peruvian, real Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Pakistani, Indian, or what ever else your heart desires is here.  I could not wait to dive in as I am a true blue foodie.  My heart was not fulfilled, however, in the barbecue category.  Sure there are restaurants that claim barbecue. Some even boast Southern BBQ. I have been steered towards some places that people believe are the BEST.  Sadly, no true barbecue restaurant has been found.

Therefore, twice monthly I will visit said barbecue establishments in hopes of finding some real barbecue.
I will update any and all my followers on the findings of my expedition.

First stop BT's Southern BBQ in Huntington Beach California.

2 comments:

  1. The only decent BBQ place that I have found in the area is Bludso's BBQ in Compton, CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will put Bludso's BBQ on my list to review. Thank you!

      Delete